Our COVID-19 Policies and Procedures
The safety of all of our youth ministry participants and volunteers is always our #1 priority. We are following all recommendations and regulations from the Diocese of Arlington, State of Virginia, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, such as…
- We will adhere to the physical distancing guidelines and enhanced safety practices provided in Virginia’s “Guidelines for All Business Sectors” document.
- We will post signage at entrances that states that no one with a fever or symptoms of COVID-19, or known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the prior 14 days, should participate, but we will have virtual options for them.
- We will provide signage to provide public health reminders regarding physical distancing, gatherings, options for high risk individuals, and staying home if sick.
- We will expect face coverings worn while indoors: Per Executive Order 63 (nearly verbatim), all persons in the Commonwealth aged ten and older shall cover their mouths and noses with a face covering when entering, exiting, traveling through, and spending time inside a public setting. This applies to any indoor place shared by groups of people who are in close proximity to each other. Adults accompanying minors aged 10 through 18 shall use reasonable efforts to prompt the minor to wear face coverings while inside the public areas. There are exceptions to include: any person who has trouble breathing, persons with health conditions that prohibit wearing a face covering, and participating in a religious ritual (i.e. Communion, VDH clarification, August 18, 2020).
- All events, whether seated together or across multiple tables, will be limited to 250 participants or fewer.
- If inside, we will provide a minimum of six feet between people, (i.e., the six feet cannot include the space taken up by the seated youth). However, we will eat and participate outside whenever possible.
- Volunteers working to serve food during Youth Ministry events will be required to wear face coverings over their noses and mouths.
- No buffets will be open for self-service.
- We will provide hand sanitizer and give time to wash hands, and volunteers will use barriers (e.g., gloves or deli tissue) when touching utensils.
- Beverages will be closed containers, or dispensed by adult volunteers.
- All shared items will be disinfected between events to the extent practicable.
- We will work to ensure that exits are configured to reduce the occurrence of bottlenecks at the conclusion of the events and again gather outside as much as possible.
- We will sanitize shared materials and spaces in conjunction with the Parish’s cleaning routines.